DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS
INTERNSHIPS IN DELUXE HOTELS
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, HIGH QUALIFICATION
TAYLORED-MADE FOR YOU
Would you like to know how a five-star hotel works? Would you like to experience how the hotel sector evolves in a tourist superpower like the Canaries? Now you can obtain a flexible certificate, adapted to your personal preferences in just one academic year, combining the attendance to sessions on Marketing, Finance, Technology, Languages, Natural and Cultural Heritage. Reinforce your competence in Spanish, English and German and know this archipelago, unique in the world, where more than 12 million tourists are received yearly by a population of two million.
Have access to the latest in a changing professional world and complete your in-class formation with internships in the most acclaimed hotel chains the world over.
IN A NUTSHELL
Format: full time. It allows for the simultaneous accomplishment of an afternoon practicum. The student will combine the attendance to morning sessions during the first semester with the practicum in a prestigious hotel, which will pay for his accommodation and food expenses, during the second term. Profile: University students willing to complete their training to increase their job potential.
Languages: Spanish /English /German Timetable: From Monday to Friday, from 9:00h to 14:00h. Admission Period: open along the whole academic year. Venue: Tenerife North, Puerto de la Cruz.
The professional, personal and social competences of this certificate are as following:
- Analyze the hotel market to know consumer needs, competitor strategies and the evolution of the sector, to finally open a niche for business. Promote the preservation of category – stars – and environmental certifications for the quality of the company.
- Plan and offer cultural and sport activities, as well other complex tourist services that match in quality, time, and price the clients’ needs.
- Plan and offer services for conferences, conventions, fairs and other events that match the expectations and needs of clients.
- Select suppliers according to the quality-price relation, estimating costs and benefits to finally fix the offer price.
- Propose promotional and communication programs and distribution channels to promote the hotel company’s offer in the market, controlling the effectiveness of the means used.
- Advise and propose to clients different alternatives as regards tourist services and analogous other, interpreting their demands and estimating their needs to cover their expectations.
- Establish organizational structures and manage departments in hotels to optimize resources, both human and material and control the outcomes.
Apply often the different IT and communication tools usual in the sector to perform various tasks and be updated as regards their usage.
- Implement a post-sale service parallel to the offer and help clients to respond to their demands and/or claims, thus granting satisfaction and the quality of service.
- Motivate the staff under supervision; give responsibility and tasks, thus promoting participation and respect, tolerant attitude and the principle of equality of opportunities.
- Develop administration tasks to fulfill legal, economic and entrepreneurial requirements, including operations like invoicing, charges and payments to set bills for clients and suppliers.
- University students willing to complete their formation in a specific tourist area so as to increase their formation potential
- Tourism professionals willing to back up their activity with an official certificate
Our methodology will combine the theoretical rigour with the study of real cases. Special emphasis will be placed on the achievement of complementary business certifications (languages, technology, quality standards, etc.).
Access to the faculty Staff our lecturers.
Access to Iriarte Community Iriarte Community